2018 NEW MEMBER CSA SIGN UP FORM
CSA is a partnership and we're thrilled to be teaming up! Below are the terms of our partnership. Please read in full before filling out the sign up form.
On our end:
- We will strive to grow a wonderful variety of high quality organic produce that we will deliver weekly to the pick up location of your choice.
- Our target date for starting CSA pick-ups is June 19th. If we experience some wild weather, the start date may be moved up or delayed by one week. If that’s the case, we will let you know well in advance of the first pick-up date.
- CSA pick up will be held on Tuesday evenings from 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Little Brown Jug Brewing in the Exchange District of Winnipeg or on Tuesday evenings before 7 p.m. on our farm. Your share will be pre-packed in a bin. At pick up, you will unpack your share into your own bag or container to transport it home.
- We will write a CSA newsletter every week outlining the produce you can expect at pickup, recipes, and storage tips. This newsletter will be distributed via email and arrive on the morning of pickup day.
- One of your farmers will be present at each pick up. We will be there to visit and field any questions you have about unfamiliar produce or anything farm-/food-related.
On your end:
- Farming is heavily dependent on weather and climate conditions. On rare occasions, a crop may fail due to conditions that are beyond the control of your farmers.
- You are responsible for bringing your own bag or container to CSA pickup to transfer your share into. The bin your share is packed in should not leave Little Brown Jug or the farm.
- If you cannot pick up your share, you can send someone in your stead. If you do not pick up your share, it will be donated accordingly.
- Your payment holds your place in the CSA. You have the option to pay in full or in two installments. If you prefer to pay in two installments, your deposit will hold your place.
- If you are choosing to pay in two installments, the first installment is due within one week of filling out this form. The full balance is due by June 1st.
- There are no refunds or discounts on CSA shares.
- We are all a part of the same community and will treat everyone with consideration and respect at CSA pick-ups and farm tours.
Okay that's it! Basically, we're going to grow you the best quality organic fruits, veg and herbs we can and by paying up front you take on some of the risk and share in the reward of farming. Let's do this!